[Imports] National Land Survey of Finland data imports

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 05:09:56 GMT 2012

Yes.
This is the purpose of CommonMap.org
Bulkimplopping is the name of the game.

It's just like OSM but a ccBY licence.

ALL government data that is available is welcome to be injected.
Koordinates.com is the global warehouse to sort through all source shp
files, and it would be great to see the finnish data shown.

Those interested in helping develope CommonMap, please contact Brendan
Morley, he's cc'd on this message.

Happy New Year!
cheers,
sam

On 1/23/12, Jaakko Helleranta.com <jaakko at helleranta.com> wrote:
> Has anyone used any systems that would enable what I'm hearing Pekka yearn
> for: document advancement of (pieces of) data imports in a robust / systemic
> way?
>
> I can only think of
> - wiki listings (not robust) and
> - HOT tasking server (possibly suitable?).
>
> What I'd love to get from/for the Finnish Open geo data is the raw data in
> smaller chunks (especially for areas that I know), wms/tms (whatever the
> difference between these is..) layers of the raster data _and_ especially a
> wms/tms layer of the high-def Finnish imagery (10/15/whatever cm it is).
>
> I remember discussing with Someone at HOT that the tasking server could be
> suitable for keeping tabs on development of imports (be it raw/vector data
> or raster). After all, it's being used for tracking the development of
> tracing imagery.
> Kate, Mikel, Nicolas, Seb, Robert, someone?
>
> In Haiti there are still many areas (especially up north) where we (as in:
> Someone) haven't imported much or at some places even nearly much any data
> available from the 1:50k topomaps.
>
> Cheers,
> -Jaakko
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
> --
> Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta

---
Across Canada Trails - Beyond 2017 - The National Trails Network
Victoria, BC Canada

Twitter: @Acrosscanada
Blog: http://acrosscanadatrails.posterous.com/
Skype: 'Sam Vekemans'

Member, CommonMap Inc.  http://commonmap.org/
IRC: irc://irc.oftc.net #CommonMap
Also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn