[Imports] Spanish cadastre

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Mar 23 23:57:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 03/23/2012 11:10 PM, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
> I think the main value of the parcels data from the Cadastre is the
> landuse classification which, if not imported, is going to be mapped
> by local mappers anyway,

I think that it is nearly always better for the project to have data
mapped by local mappers than to have something imported, even if the
technical quality is not as good.

> likely spending more time and with results of
> poorer quality.  See most of Germany.

You mean the country with the vibrant OSM community where there's one
OSM community pub meet every two days on average, all year, when instead
data for the whole country could have been imported by three or four
nerds in a couple of days? A sad example, really ;)

Bye
Frederik