[Imports] Spanish cadastre

Jaime Crespo jynus at jynus.com
Sat Mar 24 12:26:52 UTC 2012

2012/3/24 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:

> You mean the country with the vibrant OSM community where there's one OSM
> community pub meet every two days on average, all year, when instead data
> for the whole country could have been imported by three or four nerds in a
> couple of days? A sad example, really ;)

This comment sounds to me offensive to the growing Spanish OSM
community <http://osmstats.altogetherlost.com/index.php?item=countries>.
I have not seen you checking on our local list counting how many
_nerds_ are there
<http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-es/2012-March/thread.html>
or how many meet at pubs
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Night_of_the_living_maps/results>,
sometimes *attracted by this injection of open data* and some not
editing at all, waiting to be able to use it. The example was right:
if there is a large amount of data, the technical problems with the
editors will be the same, no matter the source of them.

For the 5th time, this is NOT an import. An automated tool has been
developed to help the usage of source of free data to contributors. It
is up to each contributor to merging with the existing data, as with
Bing ortophotography.

An example .osm as been provided on this list, and more examples are
have been linked either on the Spanish list or the import wiki page.

Please be aware that most of these links are from outdated version of
the tool, as it is actively developed right now, and no closed date
has been agreed yet (geometries are ok, tags are still being
discussed).
--
Jaime Crespo