[Imports] What to do with unnamed NHD streams

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Nov 4 00:10:04 UTC 2012

Paul Norman writes:
 > Does anyone have any thoughts on what should be done in a NHD translation
 > with these streams?

In a perfect world, we would be able to search by location and by
name, and get back a single .OSM file containing all the waterway=
segments with the same name.

It would be kinda awesome if JOSM's API allowed you to say "Please
return me a redirect to this URL with your current BBOX." Because then
you could click on a URL in a browser which would return a redirect to
http://localhost:8111/call?url=http://example.com?bbox=%b which would
then return a redirect which would use the API to load the .OSM file
containing the river at the center of your BBOX.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog