[Imports] [OSM-dev] OSM Wishlist

Josh Doe josh at joshdoe.com
Fri Oct 19 13:26:53 BST 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 12:40 AM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> It went decently well.
>
> I stuck the raw powerpoint up at
> http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/ogr2osm.pptx and a PDF of the slides
> (no notes) at http://pnorman.dev.openstreetmap.org/ogr2osm_1.pdf
>
> If anyone can suggest a good place to post a powerpoint that deals with
> speakers notes in a sane manner, let me know. I have it up at
> http://www.slideshare.net/penorman/ogr2osm-presentation but the notes are
> fairly hidden and some formatting is lost.

Thanks for those slides, glad to see ogr2osm is being maintained and improved.

Quick question, last I worked with the tool I had to "glom" the ways
(combine ways with identical tags) with another tool after processing
with ogr2osm; does ogr2osm currently do this somewhere after
filterTags()? I know my county likes to split streets at intersections
to give each segment a unique ID, and the data is unusable unless it's
been glommed.