[Imports] Import of UNICEF health facilities data for Central African Republic

Séverin MENARD severin.menard at hotosm.org
Tue Apr 16 00:18:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

As part of the WikiProject in Central African
Republic<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Central_African_Republic>
and
the HOT support to the political crisis the country is facing (blogpost to
come starting an official HOT activation), I completed the preparation of
the UNICEF datasets to be imported into
OSM<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/CAR_Imports>,
involving Health facilities, education facilities and WASH objects covering
more or less the occidental part of the country. Our aim is to import these
objects (obviously through specific OSM accounts) after having checked
their location one by one on the Bing Imagery.
As Filip wrote, we would be pleased for any question, suggestion for
improvements regarding our methodology:

   - the tagging transformation. Personally some of the tags do not please
   very much
   - the workflow<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import_CAR_UNICEF_WASH#Workflow>,
   especially how the potential inaccuracy can be informed

Sincerely,

Severin