[Imports] Vermont Town boundaries from VCGI

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 14:16:22 UTC 2013

2013/12/4 Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com>

> Thanks for the explanation.  Given that, village as admin_level=10 (or 9
> if you want) sounds like exactly the right thing for me.
> Perhaps rendering will need to catch up.
>
> This was interesting to read.  Villages as a political entity in Vermont
> seem far more firmly established than in Mass.

admin_level and boundary=administrative are tags for administrative
classification, don't confuse this with "place=village" as geographic class
for a type of human settlements independent from administrative structure
(they may coincide but they do not have to, there doesn't need to be a
dedicated administrative entity for a settlement in order to merit a place
tag).

cheers,
Martin