[Imports] Questionable Canvec imports

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Sat Dec 7 13:13:52 UTC 2013

On Saturday 07 December 2013, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> [...]
>
> I encourage mappers who stumble across such careless imports to
> inform the mapper in question, and if they should ignore the message,
> forward the issue to DWG.
>
> (I have already written to nuklearer_wintersturm and bdustan along
> the lines of the above.)

All right, thanks for the clarification.

I would second the recommendation to the Canadian community to clear up
the wiki page and emphasize the requirements for participating in the
import.  As it is now even a diligent mapper can easily get the
impression that you only need to make sure there are no formal errors
or overlaps with existing data and apart from that you can just upload
the prepared osm files.  The fact that the data itself needs extensive
processing before the upload would need to be prominently stated with
any instructions i think.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/