[Imports] [Talk-es] [Cat2Osm2] Tool for exporting Spanish Cadastre data in OSM suitable format

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Thu Feb 28 15:15:18 UTC 2013

Hi,

> Moreover, the tool puts a fixme in those places
> because with the data provided it is not possible to distinguish between the
> different types of garages (private or public) and the local mapper (who
> know the place) has decided that this is the best tag for them.

Just like Andy said in an other email, I strongly suggest not to add fixme=*
or FIXME=* tags
and I (only) suggest not to add *=fixme or *=fixme values in an automated or
semi-automated manner.

I know it is made to enlight the things to do in JOSM, but it might often end
where people will just upload the whole thing, without removing the fixmes
here and there.

And those fixmes will clutter the view of people seaking to repare manually
reported errors (in low numbers) where people have (hopefully) carefully
wrotten a fixme text for cases they cannot fix and need local survey.

I have seen people adding mass of fixme because they think the community "will
fix it" It only create frustration, make fixme displaying tools less usefull.

+ Andy is again right, most can be detected by QA tools afterward

--
sly, DWG member since 11/2012
Coordinateur du groupe [ga]