[Imports] GPX imports from Uber

Jason Remillard remillard.jason at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:29:39 UTC 2013

Hi Jed,

This Sounds great! We don't get too many bulk GPX imports. I have not done
one myself. Just shooting from hip.

-  Ian Dees does a lot of stuff with GPS data.
- We need to make sure the license of the GPX files is ok for uploading.
- You will need a dedicated OSM account.
- You will probably need to write some scripts to upload the GPX files to
the OSM API server.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/API_v0.6#GPS_traces

- As far as scrubbing them, I assume at the very least you will want to
reset the time stamps so that all your traces start form the same time/day.

- How much data do you have?

Thanks
Jason