[Imports] Import field areas in Viersen, Germany with place=locality

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 16 09:23:41 UTC 2013

On 16/mag/2013, at 10:35, "Christian Haeske" <christian at haeske.net> wrote:

> We have also the outlines of the places, but that would be overkill and we don´t want to import them since they have mostly no visual analogy.

they don't correspond with the borders that are mapped, like landuse=farmland? It might be an option to use a (new) specific place value for Gewann and add this to existing features (or maybe create multipolygons). IMHO these would better be tagged on areas than on nodes, as nodes, especially locality nodes convey really few info about the extension of the area where they belong to, while they do have very distinct borders in the real world

cheers,
Martin