[Imports] Dutch addresses and buildings import from BAG

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 20:24:32 UTC 2013

2013/11/28 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
> Hi,
>
> On 28.11.2013 20:32, Johan C wrote:
>> The info on the import can be found
>> here: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/BAGimport
>
> It is no longer usual to tag individual objects with "source".

You mean for imports in particular, right? I often have manual editing
sessions with multiple sources (e.g. my gps trace, the bing aerial and
my local knowledge), and so there's a good reason why many people
might apply different source tags to objects even within a single
changeset.

The reason I bring this up is that I've heard people say that the
source tag should only be on changesets - and I agree it makes a huge
amount of sense for imports, but I wouldn't like to see people
generalise that inappropriately beyond imports.

Dan