[Imports] Import Proposal - Los Angeles County Land Use

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Wed Oct 2 06:08:32 UTC 2013

Question 1: When an existing GNIS feature exists for the polygon, shouldn't
the landuse area be merged with the GNIS tag?
Question 2: Many parks are multipolygons with two or more outer polygons.
What happens to those?

Comment: osmly.com is slick. Much like maproulette. A couple of problems I
spotted. After selecting the LA-land-schools.html, click on Problem gave an
option about parks. Nothing about schools. Second. When going from bing
image to osm tiles then back to bing image, the navigation, i.e. the
submit, skip, and problem disappeared. I think this tool could be a great
use for others. I hope you continue to develop it for points, linestrings
and multipolygons.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Aaron Lidman <aaronlidman at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello everyone,
>
> I made a proposal for importing schools, parks, retail land, hospitals,
> golf courses, colleges, and cemeteries for Los Angeles County from data
> provided by the county.
>
> Full details are here:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_County_Land_Use_Import
>
> Demo schools: http://osmly.com/LA-land-schools.html
> Demo parks: http://osmly.com/LA-land-parks.html
> Demo retail: http://osmly.com/LA-land-retail.html
> Demo hospitals: http://osmly.com/LA-land-hospitals.html
> Demo golf courses: http://osmly.com/LA-land-golf.html
> Demo colleges: http://osmly.com/LA-land-colleges.html
> Demo cemeteries: http://osmly.com/LA-land-cemeteries.html
>
> Any feedback, concerns, and/or improvements appreciated.

Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch