[Imports] RFC - Import of Electric Car Charging Data from Open Charge Map

sabas88 sabas88 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 10:26:17 UTC 2013

2013/9/11 Paul Churchley <paul at churchley.org>

> That is interesting.
>
> I am interested how you obtained lat/longs for your stations? Were that
> included in the data or were they derived in some way from addresses?
>
> Actually the import was run by the Enel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enel) open
data initiative, so it comes from official source :-)

We are running into potential license issues right now which I am trying to
> resolve because some of our lat/long data is derived from Google Maps and
> so is most definitely NOT compatible with any share-alike relicensing. How
> have you overcome these issues or is the data, including lat/longs, all
> open licensed in Italy?

Generally speaking, if you suspect a coordinate was derived from Google
Maps, you have to take it away from the proposed dataset (until someone
goes and map that charging station from other compatible sources).

---