[Imports] Building outline in Sabae

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Tue Dec 9 06:21:16 UTC 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Kenya TAMURA <erdkunde.1989 at mapconcierge.com
> wrote:

> I’m Kenya Tamura from Japan.
> This is first time to send message to Import-ML.
> I'm preparing an import of "building outline" in Sabae city, Japan.
> I've already contacted to local ML(talk-ja),
> and addition, some mappers on the ground.
>
> Here is a wiki page of this activity, please review it.
>

> * Tagging
> ** each object:
> building = yes
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Sabae/bld_import#Tagging_Plans
> see wikipage for detail

I'm confused about the normal roof building:material=concrete. According to
your note, solid indicates concrete, yet the normal roof is shown as
concrete and the solid building is not. Did the tag just end up in the
wrong table cell?

I'm not a bit familiar with addressing in Japan. If at some point in the
near future you plan to add addresses I would hold off on the import and do
both at the same time.

Lastly, is there any chance you can get building heights? They just plain
look nice on a 3D map. Although I do think they offer value.

Good luck on the import. I've done one with plans to do two more in the
near future. If you have any other questions, please contact me.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us