[Imports] [osm-pl] Fwd: Re: Import of addresses in Poland

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 20:55:03 UTC 2014

2014-02-05 Ian Dees <ian.dees at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Alex Barth <alex at mapbox.com> wrote
>>>
>>> And all of these imports while the contributor base continues to grow.
>>

>> Do you have data to show the rate of  contributors against an area with
>> imports vs without?
>>

> I think the point Alex was trying to make was that the overall OSM
> contributor base is growing even though we have tons of imports already (and
> they aren't even that great). For data on that, look at
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Stats.
>
> But your statement does remind me of a good point: those that claim imports
> harm community have not shown any data supporting that viewpoint.

Here's some data for the conversation :)
http://www.harrywood.co.uk/blog/2011/10/10/sotm-talk/#slide25
The whole talk is relevant, but Slide 25 onwards is most data-like.
It's not an open and shut case but it seems to me that those who claim
imports harm community have been studying the question...

Dan