[Imports] Announce import of housenumbers in South Tyrol

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 10:28:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 7:54 AM, Pietro d'Orio <pietro.dorio at r3-gis.com> wrote:

>> If a user has decided to map an address on a building way it would be
>> inappropriate to remove that user-contributed information.
>
> Ok.

I'm not sure if I understood correctly this point. But if we talk
about someone who added previously an address or two and we shouldn't
change it, I disagree. They are many different methods to tag
addresses. On nodes or on ways or on relations are all correct. But if
you set the address for the whole municipality and not only few POI's,
it makes perfectly sens to tag all of them in a consistent way and
migrate the few POI's addresses to a general and single method. I
don't care much about the different ones but I hate small areas mixing
them.

Pieren