[Imports] Announce import of housenumbers in South Tyrol

Pietro d'Orio pietro.dorio at r3-gis.com
Tue Feb 11 06:54:11 UTC 2014

Hi Paul,
Thank you for your attention, i will answer under your notes

Pietro

Il 10/02/2014 20:15, Paul Norman ha scritto:
> [...]
Ok i am going to update the wiki Page.
The project is started with the will of the Province Bolzano (the owner
of the data) to import its house numbers in OSM. The house numbers data
are accessible by all through a WFS.

> - There are no clear changeset tags listed, although there are references
>    to tags and changesets in multiple places
>
>> The deadline for any suggestions on the following mailing lists are
>> Thursday 13. February
> This misstates the situation somewhat - the imports@ step is a consultation,
>
> just like with the local community. The import needs to be acceptable to
> both and concerns need to be addressed. It's also not possible to say in
> advance how long this will take, as it depends what concerns are brought
> up and how long it takes to address them.
We have make a long discussion on the local community mailing list
TALK-IT South Tyrol.
We have made a live meeting with the local mappers to talk about this
import.
The community has accepted the import

>> The proposal is to remove all tags addr:* from the buildings, and taking
>> the point geometry (pending approval of the community)
> If a user has decided to map an address on a building way it would be
> inappropriate to remove that user-contributed information.
Ok.

>> Not matched with WEGE 774 (to delete) 10,1%
>>
>> The 9 house number that not found a match in WEGE are problem like 39020
>> Martell / Martello, Gand 65. This house number does not exists. Need to
>> be deleted.
> You should not be deleting existing addresses without a survey to verify
> that they are incorrect.
With this import we doesn't make delete or modify of existing addresses.
Only insert the missing addresses.
The verify of delete or modify will make the local mappers

>> All the data will have a new tag called addr:aa2osmid that will be the
>> unique id to identify the house number
> What is the purpose of this tag? How do you intend to use it?
This tag will not to be included (my fault, need to update the wiki page)

> I had a brief look at martello_new.zip
>
> - It doesn't seem to agree with what the wiki page says about addr:full,
>    addr:country, or the OSM tags used
The tags addr:full and addr:country will not to be included (my fault,
need to update osm file online)

> - I had a look at the positional accuracy of the addresses, based on Bing,
>    after allowing for shifted imagery. The positional accuracy is reasonable,
>    but like most sources, not good enough to tell where the front door is.
The accuracy of the addresses comes from the official local database of
Province of Bolzano. It is definetly best accurate instead of Bing