[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Saikrishna Arcot saiarcot895 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:46:25 UTC 2014

Some updates:

I'm dropping the city field from the import because the city in the import data doesn't accurately correspond to the actual city. As it is, the cities in OSM most likely have well-defined borders in this county. As for the zip codes, the zip code for an address will be included if it is located inside the zip code area defined in the ZCTA; otherwise, the zip code will be excluded.

There are two expected errors to result from this import: If a building has multiple addresses (which are all located outside of the building), then the building may have one of those addresses instead of not having a single address. In addition, a building that has only one address might not have the address node merged in; this is because the address node is too far away.

I'm currently dividing Fulton County into grids somewhat based on census block groups so that there is at most 4000 nodes and ways in each upload. Some sections will only have 2000 nodes and ways, while a few sections may go above the 4000 limit. The import will start in Atlanta and spread outwards. Once this is done, I'll notify mappers in the region who have previously edited/added addresses and building about the import so that they are aware about this.

--
Saikrishna Arcot