[Imports] Completion of King County Address Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Jan 12 18:48:23 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM, Paul Norman <penorman at mac.com> wrote:

> Many people, including myself, have included such tags. To my knowledge,
> no one has ever used them. Given that you don't have a process for
> updating,
> how does this plan differ?
>
> > We plan to conduct training during the upcoming #Editathon.
>
> Given that this is a week away, you'll probably need to do this training
> without any actual importing, or use the dev server.

My feeling is that the data has already been approved for import, see the
Seattle Import.  What we are changing is the method of breaking the work
up.

> Additional feedback based on the wiki:
>
> - You state that "We plan to follow & update the plan found at import
>   checklist". This probably has been done and that sentence needs revising.
>
> - I suggest the tags import=yes, source= King County GIS (or similar) and
>   not kingcountyaddrimport=yes for changeset tags

Good suggestion, I'll update the wiki to reflect

> - The AWS S3 link is broken, showing a hello world page, so I can't review
>   the OSM XML you've posted

Fixed the link. Now you'll see a complete list of files.

--
Clifford

OpenStreetMap: Maps with a human touch