[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Mon Jan 13 16:05:47 UTC 2014

Looking at the wiki for addresses
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Address), addr:city is intended to
hold the postal community and not the legal municipal name.

911 and 311 call centers struggle with this problem all the time in
that frequently, multiple locale names are in use and valid for a
location.  The authoritativeness or correctness of a name has to be
judged in the context in which it is used.

C.