[Imports] [HOT] CAR Activation; experienced mappers to finish the import of UNICEF data?

Pierre Béland pierzenh at yahoo.fr
Wed Jan 8 16:11:13 UTC 2014

Over the last year, HOT with the support of the OSM community has made the difference in many countries, responding to humanitarians in imergency contexts. Just to name a few, we have made the difference in Democratic Republic of Congo, Mali, Syria, Central African Republic. And finally, for the Philippines Haiyan Typhoon, we were able to deliver paper maps in 10 days, including in many areas the damaged buildings.  Look at the medias were the humanitarian community says how OSM has made the difference.

We work in a stressful context and need support. For some of you, that dont follow closely our work, it make look that we dont respect rules. We see that in every orgnization. You have some work can you can plan for years. Other tasks were you need a lot of reactivity and flexibility. Instead of general critics saying we do not follow the rules, we would prefer that people propose us concrete solutions adapted to this context.

This give me the opportunity to thank the many developpers that permitted success of Haiyan Activation. They came with concrete propositions and realized them rapidly.

When you manage a crisis, you dont plan the same way as you do for long term projects.  We need propositions that are adapted to this reality and support us in our action.

Pierre