[Imports] [Imports-us] Address Data Import for Fulton County, Georgia

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Mon Mar 3 16:36:56 UTC 2014

On 3/3/14 11:30 AM, Saikrishna Arcot wrote:
> Regarding the addr:city, based on two addresses located in Sandy Springs (as defined by OSM), the USPS accepts both Atlanta and Sandy Springs as the address, and gives the same ZIP+4 value for both. If it's preferred, I can have the addr:city included, but note that it will conflict with the city boundaries that are already in OSM.

postal addresses will frequently conflict with administrative
boundaries. the question here is basically how do you want
indexes for search engines (e.g. nominatim) to be set up?
the addr: data is what will be used, along with admin boundaries,
to populate the indexes. there is a big can of worms here.

richard

rwelty at averillpark.net
 OpenStreetMap - PostgreSQL - Linux
 Java - Web Applications - Search