[Imports] imports distorting usage stats of source:maxspeed tag

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:15:01 UTC 2014

Looking at actual usage numbers [1] for the tag "source:maxspeed" I noticed
that a lot of uses that deviate from the key docu [2] in the wiki, actually
came in by imports, namely

- FDOT␣"Maximum␣Speed␣Limits"␣GIS␣data,␣updated␣August␣27,␣2011:␣
http://www.dot.state.fl.us/planning/statistics/gis/roaddata.shtm

- massgis

- stats19

- http://monolitos.montevideo.gub.uy/resoluci.nsf/WEB/Numero/954-13

and some more.

also this one seems strange:
BING␣+␣wiedza␣własna<http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/source%3Amaxspeed=BING%20%2B%20wiedza%20w%C5%82asna>
(can you get speed limits from Bing?)

As a mapper that frequently looks at source:maxspeed usage my impression is
that these distorting values have been imported lately. I'd like to kindly
ask the importing mappers to revert at least this part of their import.

thank you,
Martin

________
[1] http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/source%3Amaxspeed#values