[Imports] Question about import from user visa-import

Hans Olav Skogstad hans-olav.skogstad at online.no
Wed May 7 19:39:39 UTC 2014

Hi dear imports mailinglist.

<kart at nuug.no>), and we have beedn discussing the imports done by this
user lately.

We find that the quality of the import is lacking in many ways.
Some examples are:
- duplicates, or even triplets of ways, both from the imports alone and
   from the imports and previous manually added data
- some of the imported data is old and is not representing real world
conditions
- highway=* start and ends in "mid air" without being connected to
anything.
- waterway=* are all imported as stream, and existing river might have
been downgraded to stream.

These imports have not been discussed in our national mailing list as i
see that the import guidelines state.
Now i am wondering if this user has come here and asked if these imports
are ok? I would assume that's not the case because of the low quality of
the import, but i think i need to ask.

And another question is how to precede with the problems this import has
created. Perhaps the best would be to delete everything done by this user?
I have read this (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Handling_bad_imports)
page regarding bad imports, but i ask here first before i go to the data
working group.

Please excuse any typos or bad english in the text. :)

--
MVH
Hans Olav Skogstad