[Imports] Buildings & Address in Washington, DC, USA.
penorman at mac.com
Tue May 27 09:40:05 UTC 2014
A few points
- The explicit permission is 6 years old and vague on what "credited"
means. The terms on the website are non-open, so they don't help. Can we
get a clarification on what attribution is required, or better yet, an
open license on the website. Since 2008 we've seen some cities interpret
attribution requirements in absurd ways
- There are existing old imported buildings in OSM. How do you plan to
update those? I'd like to see the updates done before new data is added,
so that we know that the new data will be able to be updated in the future.
- The schedule is absurd.
- The Local OSM Community is listed under "supporters." Where was the
consultation done with the local community, and is it archived anywhere?
- I couldn't find any record of consulting with talk-us at . Has this been
- What is the point of dcgis:gis_id? Not all buildings will have them.
- There are steps to be done in JOSM that seem like they could be done
mechanically. This is okay, but what steps will be used to verify this
- The tasking manager supports task validation. Will this be used?
- To what extent will paid importers be used?
On 2014-05-23 9:39 AM, David Jackson (OCTO) wrote:
> Below is link to a proposed import plan for the Buildings & Address in
> Washington, DC, USA.
> You feedback is welcome.
> David Jackson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Imports