[Imports] Adding pcodes to villages in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea

Blake Girardot bgirardot at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 18:16:32 UTC 2014

Hi,

This thread I think is the imports list discussion
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2014-September/003450.html

But pcodes have already been a part of osm for a long time now.

pcodes and un:pcodes are already supported in the nominatim for searching:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim/Development_overview

have an osm wiki page that Pierre updated to include when they have been used:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/P-Codes

and are described as part of the HOT Humanitarian Data Model:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Humanitarian_OSM_Tags/Humanitarian_Data_Model#Spatial_signature

Hopefully the email thread at the top fills in the some of the
background on their use in this instance.

Cheers,
Blake