[Imports] [Talk-us] Fresno castradal imports

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 13:43:07 UTC 2014

Sorry for warming up this thread, I found it because I was looking for
additional information after I found distorting statistics in taginfo.
Please note that this import has significant impact on the world wide
statistics for all objects with landuse=residential tags. There are lots of
tags that we really don't want in OSM (e.g. the area size of an object,
which is already implicitly present by the geometry). Keeping this in OSM
is encouraging other mappers to use these tags.

Can we agree on batch removing tags like
http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/fresno_lot_area
or other_use, primary_use and secondary_use tags with cryptic values like
"000" or "S01"? http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/secondary_use#values
We really don't want to hold a complete, untransformed, copy of a public
database like the one imported here, do we?

cheers,
Martin