[Imports] Proposed import removal: nuclear explosion sites

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 22:13:42 UTC 2015

I can imagine underwater explosions to be hard or impossible to detect, but underground explosions surely will have left something "altered", eg a subsidence crater http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidence_crater . Besides these 2, there are 2 other types of tests: atmospheric and exoatmospheric. The atmospheric tests include those aimed at the surface like tower, balloon, low altitude free fall, including traces that can be surveyed, but the exoatmospheric tests cannot be surveyed and I agree, shouldn't be in OSM.

>   The radiation plume
> is too dispersed in the case of air blasts.  And what's next, mapping the extent of those?  Mapping places where
> famous people talked about nuclear blasts?

no

> Mapping former sites of nuclear infrastructure?

yes

cheers
Martin