[Imports] [OSM-talk] amenity=bicycle_repair_station :::: only 18 so far

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Sun Feb 8 18:39:09 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 8, 2015 at 9:23 AM, Serge Wroclawski <emacsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bryce,
>
> After reading through this thread, I just don't see this dataset as
> being high enough of quality to import.

I see it as a great quality dataset : more than sufficient to locate the
given feature on the ground.

Note that some of the comments on this list regarding accuracy have been
from armchair mappers.
Analysis of press releases showed stations in the vicinity of the
questioned pins, e.g. no problem.

While it would be great if OSM mappers could move the pins to the exact
right location, even if that
never happens I see the data as an asset in OSM.
The base map used was OSM from the start: this is already OSM data in a
sense.
This is no tiger import: the problems, if any, are small.  There no
evidence of a problem with this data.