[Imports] Updating large amount of un-named records of Tehran / Iran

Serge Wroclawski emacsen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 16:45:18 UTC 2015

Ehsan,

In the United States, where I live, we use a different measurement system
than most places. Instead of meters and kilometers, we use feet and miles.

We have many measurements in OSM using meters, which could then be changed
to feet. Someone could write a script to take every single measurement in
OSM and convert it from meters to feet, and then store the result.

But doing that, I think you would agree, would not be adding any additional
value to OSM. It would be storing some data that we could obtain another
way, by running a script.

Similarly, automated data (ie automated transliterations) are not generally
all that useful because we could simply run a script to generate them again.

So if this data is just an automated transliteration of OSM data, then it's
not something we'll want to store in the database itself.

- Serge