[Imports] Import of coastlines for Greenland

Karl Zinglersen karl.zinglersen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 00:04:23 UTC 2015

Hi Christoph,
OK, I will rule out the GIMP land/sea raster mask as a source for coastline
vectorization.

For placenames in the North East Greenland, I'll ask my colleague and
former Sirius patrol member Peter Schmidt Mikkelsen, who is also active in
a group of old Sirius soldiers, who are restoring the old cabins of the
region. They have prepared a number of reports which might include place
names - cabin locations will be of interest, too.

I have a collection of Landsat8 files covering the country selected after
lowest cloud cover and summer season. They are not processed yet and still
in zipped files. If I find time I could mix them in GDAL in RGB+pan,
transform to EPSG:3857 and build Mapbox tiles for the imagico service? But
it would take some time and require assistance to do it most efficiently.

Karl

--
Karl Brix Zinglersen