[Imports] [Imports-us] fleet manager speed reports

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Mar 5 01:57:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 1:24 PM, Martijn van Exel <m at rtijn.org> wrote:

> I am working with Mapillary to integrate more tightly with MapRoulette (to
> display close by Mapillary images on the map for example) so that may work
> very well with the speed report challenge Richard just posted.
>
> I would be interested if someone would want to help out with this. I would
> think this is all client-side (JS / React) coding.
> Opened an issue https://github.com/osmlab/maproulette/issues/329 - I
> would welcome contributions warmly!

Martijn,
Not my skill set (as if I actually have any useful skills, but we'll save
that for another discussion.) I was able to fix one section on MapRoulette,
but using the Mapillary overlay I panned to the east so much I think I was
outside of the area covered by that task. What I did notice was no speed
limit in this section of I-72 Morgan County. I added the speed limit to
where I saw a speed limit sign.

I think Mapillary could be a good tool, but nothing beats someone
knowledgeable with the area.

What would help me is if I could see reports in areas I'm familiar with
such as western Washington. Being able to select, for example, a highway
and state might help us focus more.

Clifford

--
@osm_seattle