[Imports] [OSM-talk] [Talk-de] Formal proposal: mechanically reverting fixme=set␣better␣denotation / denotation=cluster

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Wed Mar 11 04:31:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 3:11 PM, sly (sylvain letuffe) <liste2 at letuffe.org>
wrote:

> Le mardi 10 mars 2015 22:14:45, Bryce Nesbitt a écrit :
> It isn't really clear to me what you mean by that, but I don't like mixing
> different changeset types of mechanical edits. It makes it harder to
> understand what was the intended mechanical edition's goal.

Yes, the mixing does muddy the waters.  On the other side:

The mechanical edit is touching objects that had pre-existing pending
cleanup.  These are not edits that require local knowledge.  Uploading
these in one changeset is less version churn.

In some cases it's typos (
http://blog.jochentopf.com/2015-03-05-new-taginfo-features-and-a-challenge.html
) in some cases it's modernizing tagging such as moving away from the
"type" key used by relations (for example moving type=deciduous to
leaf_cycle=deciduous).  Since this is really a "semi mechanical edit",
there's careful human review.
--

To be clear:
Based on list feedback, the discussion shifted and was focused on one task: *

The problems with denotation=cluster have been widely discussed (years ago
and recently).  It means "non-special tree".
The original bot author does not agree with the mechanical edit, and wishes
natural=tree to be reserved for special trees.