[Imports] For comment: import of 532 bicycle repair station locations

Bryce Nesbitt bryce2 at obviously.com
Fri Mar 20 18:31:45 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 2:11 AM, Michal Palenik <michal.palenik at freemap.sk>
wrote:

> what about service:bicycle:diy = 'yes' ?

That's a reasonable tag to add to a bicycle shop that offers Do It Yourself
tool access.  But often those rules
are complicated.  For example my local bike shop offers full access to
their shop, but only Tuesdays 6-8pm.
service:bicycle:diy does not quite capture that, especially if rendered to
a bike repair icon.

--
My intent for the "bicycle_repair_station" tag was for no-charge
freestanding unattended 24/7 tool stands, which are

--

> "*bicycle_tool_stand *or* bike_self_repair_tools* might have been less
> confusing." - in that case maybe name should be changed?
> This tag is still new and rarely used so it is still possible.

Maybe.  The community puts a lot of overhead on mechanical tag changes, and
between rendering support
and presets, the tag is not particularly new.

                                               -Bryce