[Imports] Harmful elements in taginfo tag cleanup process

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue May 5 17:31:05 UTC 2015

Ilpo,

On 05/05/2015 03:33 PM, Ilpo Järvinen wrote:
> Please note that I don't want to discredit all of that process as there's
> also many useful edits out of it but unfortunately there are too many bad
> apples currently in it too, IMHO.
>
> Can something be done to stop these careless elephants messing the good
> work of the mices?

"Fixing" stuff is always wrong if it deletes good data.

Someone who carefully fixes stuff will look at the details and make sure
they do not delete potentially useful data.

Someone who simply replaces all X tags to Y without looking at the
individual case is making an automated edit that should be reverted;
either by the user themselves after you point it out to them, or by a
concerned members of the community, or by DWG (data at osmfoundation.org)
if the user is uncooperative.

Bye
Frederik