[Imports] Nepal VDC's boundaries import

Paul Norman penorman at mac.com
Fri May 15 19:23:17 UTC 2015

On 5/15/2015 11:00 AM, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:

> Hi, list:
> This is for discussion on the manual import of 4,049 Village
> Development Committees (VDC's) (admin_level="8") of Nepal.
> The import has been discussed with the Nepal OSM community. All
> scripting is ready, and the import would take an estimated 25 hours
> (around 20 mn for each of the 75 districts).
>   We decided to do the import through JOSM  district by district, doing
> conflation with OSM actual districts for better control and to avoid
> conflicts in an area under very heavy mapping.
> The wiki is ready here:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nepal_VDCs_boundaries_import
> We'll be glad for any feedback.
> Cheers,
> Rafael Ávila Coya (edvac).
The license is listed on the wiki page as being "CC-by". Please specify
a version of CC BY and link to the statement by the data source that
puts it under the license.

Additionally, CC BY 3.0 is not compatible by itself as its attribution
requirements are impractical for a crowd-sourced geodatabase. You will
need to request special permission from the source.

You are proposing to to add "ocha:pcode" and "ocha:old_code" tags, yet
neither of these are documented. Could you add documentation, and
explain these tags?