[Imports] bulk import of house outlines, auckland NZ

Glen Barnes barnaclebarnes at mac.com
Tue Feb 9 23:39:27 UTC 2016

> where is the discussion about the import on the imports mailing list? where on the wiki is the wiki page detailing the plan for importing? where on the wiki are the status updates? where is the import-specific account, (for the auckland council data, not the linz data)? most importantly: "Don't upload any data until the project has been reviewed first" from https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines#Step_5_-_Import_Review
> this is a very large import, it's frustrating to have to ask multiple times for the importers to comply with the guidelines the community has put together, this has been going on for over a year now. the guidelines are there for a reason.

Point taken. We will update the wiki and run through issues with the Auckland dataset. No more imports until then.

> i know this is seen through the lens of "he's just dragging his heels, trying to slow everything down, exert control" (i've heard the jibes), but i find that very hurtful and alienating, plus untrue. this is about the community, it always has been.

Hang on. I (and as far as I know the others involved) have never made any jibes about you personally. As I have pointed out previously you have and continue to be a super valuable member of the OSM community. In fact one of, if not the top contributor. Our work together dates back to March 2010 and I’m not sure why all of a sudden there has been a change of heart. We would love to catch up and discuss concerns in person so we can get to the bottom of any issues. The invitation is out there, happy to discuss off the Google Group on any other list.

Cheers
Glen