[Imports] Uganda Bureau of Statistics educational facilities import

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 19:34:40 UTC 2016

OK, I grabbed the shape file and converted it myself. I didn't convert the
all caps nor the abbreviations, so it's not usable this way.

Then I looked at the data, universities first.

There are 12 of them, which I added, converting the all caps manually. Some
were already present, so they could be conflate with the extra data. I kept
them as nodes. Drawing the buildings where this wasn't done yet. I didn't
move the tags to the buildings, not sure if that's all right.

Then I looked at the nursery schools. It's true that it''s unlikely they
can be recognized from aerial imagery.

The primary and secondary schools are quite recognizable though. I sampled
about 200.

We should exclude the schools in advance in the areas where we know imagery
to be bad.

If the importers are disciplined enough to skip the schools for which it's
not possible to determine to which buildings they belong, I don't see why
we wouldn't go ahead with this import.

There is also the possibility to involve those schools into the project and
ask them to put their school on the map themselves. That involves a bit
more effort to figure out contact details though... and follow up with
them, if they have questions or run into trouble.

Polyglot