[Imports] Thimphu City data import

Rafael Avila Coya ravilacoya at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:40:21 UTC 2016

Hi all:

The Thimphu city (Thimphu Thromde) has released some data (building
footprints, street geometries (with names) and housenumber nodes of the
city to import into OSM.

A group of Kathmandu Living Labs is going to train local Bhutan people
in OSM mapping and build an OSM community in that remote and secluded
country. This import will complement the data.

I am assisting on the import and wrote the corresponding wiki [1] that
explains the process.

As there isn't any local OSM community yet, we contacted the HOT mailing
list for opinions.

I welcome all comments to improve the import.

Cheers,

Rafael.

[1]
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Bhutan/Thimphu_Thromde_data_import