[Imports] API to add points to OSM from our taxi driver app

Daniel O'Connor daniel.oconnor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 11:25:44 UTC 2016

A quick and dirty prototype you may wish to try out is
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Keypad-Mapper_3 - it has a focus on
adding address nodes and understands a property isn't located on a specific
street; while being relatively quick to enter data on.

Another alternative might be to simply publish monthly aggregated address
data under an open license - openaddresses.io for example highlights a lot
of datasets published like this.
http://improve-osm.org/ is an example of this kind of data being made
available to mappers.

With this approach, it would allow the community to take said data and
manually verify it in something like JOSM plus the relevant address /
building manipulation tools.

While that might not quite fit with what you want to do, it does have the
advantage of a mature set of tools to integrate the data combined with
human judgement and let you focus on the main job of your company. All you
have to do is capture the 'checkin' and be able to output a shapefile or
similar once a month.

We've seen from other data collection tools (recently; maps.me for example)
that newer contributors without enough context can accidentally add low
quality data, and often aren't focused on the main job of mapping - they
just want to get on with their day, which is fair enough!
More experienced mappers are often keen to complete things in their area,
they just lack the means/permission/etc to do so with address data.

A final suggestion, a car mount and android phone with mapillary can
collect a *lot* of important information that could be then used later by
mappers.

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 11:25 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com