[Imports] Thimphu City data import

Christoph Hormann chris_hormann at gmx.de
Thu Jul 7 21:26:19 UTC 2016

On Thursday 07 July 2016, Rafael Avila Coya wrote:

> > This statement astonishes me - if there is no organized local
> > community but obviously locally made mapping you should try and
> > contact mappers active in the area for their opinion.
> >
> > Note also Bhutan is a fairly popular tourist destination and there
> > is likely quite a bit of local mapping done by visitors.  Even if
> > you are not able to contact any native local mappers for their
> > opinion you can certainly try to get in touch with people who have
> > mapped in country there and who might be able to make a more
> > competent assessment if such import makes sense or not.
>
> Do I need to contact local mappers to trace buildings with aerial
> imagery. [...]

To me there seems to be a misconception here about the difference
between remote mapping and an import.

This is the import mailing list, its purpose is primarily the review of
planned imports according to the import guidelines.  I am trying to do
such a review here.  If this is not what this thread is meant to be
about I am sorry for the confusion.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/