[Imports] Calgary addresses

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Wed Jul 20 07:54:33 UTC 2016

On Tue 2016-07-19 01:23:43, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Lisa,
>
> On 07/19/2016 12:37 AM, Kirikeza, Lisa wrote:
> > I am looking for help in importing Calgary parcel addresses from a shp
> > or csv file. If anybody could assist with this, it would be greatly
> > appreciated!
>
> Before we get into the technicalities, I believe there might be a slight
> problem on the legal side.
>
> OSM data is distributed under the ODbL 1.0 license which does not
> discriminate against any fields of endeavour, including such that are
> against the law.
>
> Your license however says that:
>
> "You may use the Data to create Derivative Works using the Data and
> distribute said Derivative Works for any lawful purposes."

> Since we cannot exclude unlawful purposes in our license, it seems

I belive you are smoking crack. Of course we can exclude unlawful
purposes. Above says you are allowed to do anything as long as it is
legal. Of course you are not allowed to do anything illegal. That's
implicit, that's what the laws are for. Of course you are not allowed
to use OdBL licensed data to do anything unlawful. License does not
need to mention that explicitely.
									Pavel