[Imports] Calgary addresses

Pavel Machek pavel at ucw.cz
Wed Jul 20 09:48:55 UTC 2016

On Wed 2016-07-20 11:38:39, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

> > Lets see. I'll add copy of planet.osm to my website, saying "You may
> > use the data for any lawful purpose under the terms of OdBL." Can you
> > sue me for breaching OdBL? No, I did not add any additional
> > restriction, I just restated the obvious: you may not break the law.
> >

> I believe you did add an additional restriction, which because of planet.org
> being governed by the ODbL you may not. What is "unlawful" depends on where
> you (the publisher) are, while it may not be unlawful where the recipient
> of the things you publish is.

Well, there's one way to test it, I do it and you try to sue me, under
all possible jurisdictions ;-).

And yes, unlawful of course means unlawful by the applicable laws,
that is _your_ laws. If I said "You may use the data for any purpose
that would be lawful under Czech law, under the terms of OdBL.", that
would clearly be additional restriction.

But I don't think that's what lawful means; it is lawful to map
chinese military installations from Czech republic, it is not lawful
to do that in china.

Best regards,
									Pavel