[Imports] [Talk-GB] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Mar 11 19:46:16 UTC 2016

On 11 March 2016 at 18:14, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:

> Since more than one person has asked you to check with local mappers before
> making these uploads and there is an unanswered question about the licence,
> I would ask you to stop uploading any more of these data until these
> questions have been addressed to the satisfaction of the mappers in GB.

[reposting to list]

As was posted here a while ago, 'Mappa Mercia', the West Midlands
mappers' group (that's the region that includes Birmingham) have
already asked that this process go ahead in the county.

Edward has already pointed out that he is not adding coordinates, so
the licence issue is a red herring.

This process has been under discussion and development for two years
or more; it's beyond tiresome that people are still trying to block
it.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing