[Imports] [Talk-GB] OSM with Wikidata: now covers UK and Ireland

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Fri Mar 11 20:25:09 UTC 2016

On 11/03/16 19:46, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> On 11 March 2016 at 18:14, Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> wrote:
>
>> Since more than one person has asked you to check with local mappers before
>> making these uploads and there is an unanswered question about the licence,
>> I would ask you to stop uploading any more of these data until these
>> questions have been addressed to the satisfaction of the mappers in GB.
> [reposting to list]
>
> As was posted here a while ago, 'Mappa Mercia', the West Midlands
> mappers' group (that's the region that includes Birmingham) have
> already asked that this process go ahead in the county.
>
> Edward has already pointed out that he is not adding coordinates, so
> the licence issue is a red herring.
>
> This process has been under discussion and development for two years
> or more; it's beyond tiresome that people are still trying to block
> it.

Import guidelines [1]
/Step 2: //
/

 5. /You //*must not*//import the data without local buy-in./

What is 'beyond tiresome' is that these import guidelines seem to being
ignored. People have expressed reservations about having this data
imported, how is that local getting local buy-in?

There is an outstanding question about the licence, just calling it a
red herring doesn't answer the question.
--
Cheers, Chris (chillly)

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Guidelines