[Imports] [Talk-us] Boston, MA, USA addr:housenumber Import

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Sun Mar 20 19:19:21 UTC 2016

On Sun, Mar 20, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Roman Yepishev <rye at keypressure.com>
wrote:

>  * Some of the addresses from MassGIS point to parks, monuments, or
> buildings are located a few feet away. While it may possible to assign
> the marker to the building nearby, I'd prefer not to do the guess work
> and leave it for refining in the future.

I used a 5 meter rule when conflating outlines and addresses. If the
address was within 5 meters I assigned it to the outline. The next time I
do an address import I'm going to refine that to first check that the
address and building are in the same parcel.

We imported addresses for parks and other such features. My experience is
that someone with a park address would like to be routed to the address.
You could manually position the address node at the main parking lot.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us