[Imports] JOSM Plugin for Austrian Addresses

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 09:58:55 UTC 2016

Hi Thomas,

Unfortunately I think it will be considered necessary (I don't agree with
this either, it's a nuisance to have to switch accounts all the time, but
my opinion and that of thousands of others is irrelevant).

Anyway, if you created a JOSM plugin it can take care of the account
switching for you. I did something like that when I was helping with an
import of schools in Uganda. I coded it in Python, using the scripting
plugin:

https://github.com/PolyglotOpenstreetmap/Python-scripts-to-automate-JOSM/blob/master/UseWDTKtoCreateWDitems.py

The account switching happens all the way in the end around line 571. All
the rest is preparation work and cleanup/correction of erroneous names. I
don't know whether this can also be made to work when using OAuth. I went
back to cleartext password authentication back then.

Oh and yes you need to document the import, if only so people can find a
trace to the written permission for OSM you mentioned.

Polyglot