[Imports] JOSM Plugin for Austrian Addresses

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 13:34:50 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 19 nov 2016, alle ore 12:42, Thomas Konrad <osm at thomaskonrad.at> ha scritto:
>
> Now the first question I have is whether or not this is even considered an import, because what the plugin does is that id assigns the address to exactly one selected object in JOSM [4]. There is no possibility to do a bulk assignment.

yes, I'd consider this an import because the data is not your own but coming from a different source (the government office). It does not matter (for this question) if you do it manually one by one or in one go automatically.

> My guess is that it still an import (semiautomated) and needs to be documented in the import catalogue in the Wiki. Is that correct?

+1

> My second question: Is it really required for a user to use a separate OSM account to assign a single address? I would say no, because then the Czech Building import [5] would have the same requirements, right?

as has been said above: you should use a distinct import account, and whether others haven't done so in the past doesn't change the situation.

cheers,
Martin