[Imports] Province of Biella open data import

Andrea Musuruane musuruan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:26:24 UTC 2016

Hi Walter,

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 12:15 PM, Walter Nordmann <wnordmann at gmx.de> wrote:
> Data license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/it/legalcode
>
> Type of license: CC-BY-3.0 IT
>
> i think, that will be a big problem.
>
> usually cc-by is NOT compatible with OdBL.

Why? Can you clarify?

AFAIK CC-BY licenses only requires correct attribution.

Moreover, I see a long list of CC-BY licenses here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Import/Catalogue

And it seems they were all fine.

> You should try to get ( better: Must get) a written special permission for
> OSM.

Two lines below:

Additional statement by the Province of Biella:
https://github.com/musuruan/osm_imports/blob/master/prov_bi/sita_biella_cc_by_3.txt

"I nostri dati sono associati a licenza di tipo CC BY 3.0 IT e riteniamo
che la sua proposta di attribuzione alla pagine wiki di openstreetmap
soddisfi le condizioni di licenza."

Translation:

"Our data are licensed under CC BY 3.0 IT and we believe your proposal
to give attribution in the openstreetmap wiki pages
meets the licensing conditions."

Bye,

Andrea